SAVE THE DATE!!!
Greater Grand Forks Soccer will be hosting the Greater Grand Forks Soccer Tournament in the summer of 2014!
We are excited to invite soccer teams to Grand Forks July 11 to 13, 2014.
Let Grand Forks be your summer soccer destination- soccer- shopping and sightseeing!
This tournament is a competitive tournament and is propriate for youth soccer teams in U8-U18 age divisions. Play will start Friday afternoon; final games should be mid-afternoon on Sunday. Team rosters for U8-U10 team rosters will be allowed a maximum of 12 players; and U11-U12 team rosters will be allowed a maximum of 14 players and for U14-U18 age division may have up to 18 players.
All age brackets are guaranteed 3 games.
U8-U10 will be played 6X6 (jamboree)
U11-U12 will be played 8X8
U14-U18 (U14, U16, U18) will be played 11X11
All teams will recieve a tournament game ball.
Awards: Champions will be determined in each tournament bracket of play for U11-U18 teams; trophies will be awarded to 1st and 2nd place teams. Champion T-shirts will be also awarded to the 1st place players on teams U11-U18. All U8-U10 team players will recieve participation medallions.
PLAYER OF THE GAME: GGFSC is please to present the "Player of the Game" award program for the Greater Grand Forks Soccer Tournament. This program is designed to recognize outstanding sportsmanship, soccer skills, and/or effort of a player on the opposing team. At the conclusion of every game, each coach/team will decide which player on the opposing team has earned the award and present it to them. You will recieve the award (to be awarded to an opposing player) when the team registers.
1. Prior to kick-off, coaches should discuss who has been awarded a "player of the game" (POG) in previous games to avoid trhe same players recieving multiple cards.
2. Coaches will award one card to the opposing player they (or their team) determines to be the POG on the other team.
3. We encourage coaches to consider character traits as hustle, work ethic, attitude and sportsmanship as well as overall skill.
4. POG Cards should be given right after the final whistle, during the handshake.
5. Thank you for joining us in our effort to promote the Spirit of the Game as well as good competition.
To ensure a reasonable game schedule, we reserve the right to combine age divisions in tournament brackets and to limit the number of teams playing in any given bracket.
REGISTRATION: Teams will be accepted on a first come, first serve basis. The registration deadline is June 1st, 2014.
U8-U10 registration fee is $295.00
U11-U12 registration fee is $325.00
U14-U18 registration fee is $375.00
(All fees are to be paid in US Funds).
FOR MORE INFORMATION, Contact the Tournament co-chairs: Paula Leake or Julie K. Vorachek at email@example.com